SECTOR FOR SPORT
Long-term goal of the Ministry of Youth and Sport is development of sports in Serbia, with providing better conditions for professional sport, and development of recreation and sport in schools, that will be a basis from which future champions will be recruited. Through the Ministry of Youth and Sport general interest in the field of sports is fulfilled (Law on Sport, article 69):
1. Providing condition for development of professional sport and sport contests of pupils and students;
2. Building, equipping and maintenance of sport objects of interest for the Republic;
3. Scientific development in sport;
4. Organization of sport contests and manifestations of interest for the Republic;
5. International sport cooperation;
6. Activity of organizations in the field of sport established by the Republic of Serbia and activity of organizations established by territorial unit, that is, other organization managing resources in the state property and provide conditions for professional sport achievements by its arrangement, purpose, structure and equipment.
7. Realization of program or parts of programs of other organizations (sport centers, sport camps etc.) that contribute to sport development;
8. Providing rights for health insurance for professional athletes – amateurs;
9. Scholarships for professional athletes for sport development and financial assistance to professional athletes with special acknowledgements;
10. National awards and prizes for special contribution to sport development. Thus defined general interest in the field of sports has a direct influence both on activities of the Sector for Sport within the Ministry of Youth and Sport, and on budget funds for realization of the goals and set of activities.